Struggling to make sense of things or finding it difficult to cope?
Counselling can help you come to terms with things, and make real changes in your life. You may find it useful to come and talk if you are dealing with difficult emotional issues, relationship difficulties, or specific psychological or mental health problems. I provide a warm, supportive environment which is non-judgmental, safe and confidential.
My approach is to work together with you to explore your issues and find some kind of resolution. This may involve building confidence or motivation, or feeling more fulfilled or happy in life. For others, it could mean coming to terms with a difficult situation or learning to manage difficult emotions. Counselling can also assist with communication or focus in an aspect of your life.
Areas of work
What a person needs from counselling can vary from one individual to the next. I work in an integrated way and will tailor counselling to your needs. This list is not exhaustive but gives you an idea of my work.
I have helped individuals who are living with:
Depression and postnatal depression
Struggles as a carer
Struggles with alcohol or other addictions
Episodes of self-harm or suicidal thoughts
Sexual abuse and trauma
How can I help?
Can’t see the wood for the trees?
- Do you feel overwhelmed? Perhaps by the amount of tasks you have to get through? Or by feelings such as anger and frustration, anxiety or fear, sadness or loneliness?
- Are you having difficulty in one of your relationships? This could be at work, with friends, or with your partner or child. Perhaps you feel stuck, or unable to control your negative feelings? Or perhaps you are finding intimacy difficult?
- Is something from the past bothering you? Would like to explore it, in order to help you feel more fulfilled in your life at the moment?
- If any of these apply to you, you may find counselling helpful.
A space to talk
Confidential counselling service
Do you feel that something in your life needs to change?
At a cross roads?
Therapy can help you to:
- Find clarity and balance in your life.
- Overcome the hurdles that may be stopping you from living life to the full, or being in the moment. This might involve exploring and dealing with the impact of traumatic events in the past. Or it could involve becoming more comfortable with yourself, and making positive choices for the future.
- Find connections in relationships again which may have been lost.
- Understand yourself better.
Taking the first step
It can be really hard to ask someone for help - or even to know where to start.
If you think I could be of assistance, please get in touch.
We can have a chat on the phone, and explore whether therapy might help.